Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Yamatokan - An Unforgettable Onsen Expenrience

Our quaint little tatami suite room with private onsen bath and a lovely japanese garden. I love it so much I felt like I was in a japanese doll house that I've never had and was playing "masak-masak" with everything that I can find in it and truly experience Japanese style of living but those that are more than five feet eight should mind their heads as Tofu Delivery King managed to knock his head on the doors several times.
I attempted to join other fellow japanese girls at their ladies only onsen (public bath for ladies) but I initially backed out because I couldn't stop staring at other people's bodies and the old japanese ladies were persuading me to join them and not to be shy but I just don't feel confident to go au natural infont of everybody hahaha and trust me it's a different kind of feeling compared to a topless beach because you are required to bath before you go into the public pool and I don't really like to bath infront of everybody... Bottom line is : I couldn't stop staring I felt bad and I left because I've embarrassed myself because to the japanese staring at others is considered very rude therefore I feel so lucky to have my own onsen bath in my own suite tee hee
You get to adjust the amount of hot or cold water and the amount of mineral water you want in your tub how considerate





Japanese style dressing table


Lazy kitty taking a nap
My room isn't that small afterall ^_^










Loved the embroidery on the cushion cover

Free japanese titbits

I sooooooo wanted to steal this needle box back home but was too chickened out to do it

Around 5pm the housekeeper will send our yukatas and amenities for us to freshen up and get ready dinner (more like a feast as you shall see)





Enjoying cuppa green tea during mid afternoon

Mini bar


Our Bathroom


Ketchup Queen Loves Onsen !!!
Makankings Rating: 10/10

2 Comments:

Blogger Henry Yeo said...

aw! at least you have not tried the coed baths yet.

10:00 PM, July 02, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, that is all very nice and fancy! I can see why you love Onsen. I like the sleeping cat too.

10:00 AM, August 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home